Saturday, November 28, 2009


i used leftover siding wood to make platforms for shower. we ordered glass door for master shower so we can get rid of that ugly plastic curtain inspector made us to install in order to pass it through final. guest shower doesnt really need curtain so we got rid of it. tile to drywall connections still need to be caulked/finished.


we are pretty much settled now. house is really warm, even without heating on, it is still comfy in short sleeved shirt and sweat pants. however it feels nice when floors get warm and we can walk bare feet. we got comcast guys install cable and internet today. now we need big lcd screen for the living room. also our friends brought us some plants, so rooms are getting slowly filled.

we had our first guests over to celebrate our move.
even though most of the house is finished, there are still a lot of little things to be done, which should keep us busy all winter.

move in

it has been a while since i last posted. things moved along pretty quick and after all city inspectors were sufficiently satisfied, we were finally allowed to move in. not ideal time to move in all this slush though. i got stuck in mud twice with u-haul track while trying to pull as close to sliding door as possible. not a good idea.

Sunday, November 8, 2009


kitchen cabinets almost complete, however we need to wait for shipment of door hinges, so we only finished drawers. we finally have electricity and water so we are able to work late.

we created master closet from melamine boards. we will add one more hanging rod on the right side, as well as low shelf for shoes. bigger shelf on the left will receive extendable pants hangers.
house number created from scrape siding wood

Friday, November 6, 2009


north hardwood siding finished

kitchen hood in place

Sunday, November 1, 2009

weekend progress

we worked on lots of little things this weekend. we added side curtain on the peninsula end and sealed all counter top surfaces. knowing how messy it gets when we cook we decided to go with topical sealer rather than penetration one. this should protect us from most of the stains. it also gave counter tops nice satin finish.

some finish electrical items were also installed this week, along with some interior lighting fixtures. also we started filling control joints with silicone compound.
siding continues. we installed all siding on tall side side.
more images, viac obrazkov tu klikni